Is your Canon Printer cartridge need to be refilled? And you don’t know how to do it? Don’t worry, just follow the steps mentioned in this guide of how to refill Canon Printer Ink.
Whenever your Canon Printer’s cartridge is running out of ink, there is no need of buying a new cartridge, if you can refill it.It’s not that hard. Just go through this guide of how to refill Canon Printer’s Ink.
First of all, check that whether your cartridge is completely empty or not.And for doing so print few sheets, and if nothing gets printed on the sheet then follow these steps to refill your Canon Printer’s Ink:
- Gather all the required items along with ink and syringe such as a roll or paper towel, some clear scotch tape, a table or desk.
- Then, first close your printer’s door/lid and after that remove the empty cartridges from your Canon Printer.
- Now to prevent your hands from ink spots(or from any other side effects of ink) cover them with a pair of disposable plastic gloves.
- Then, put the removed cartridge on the double folded paper towel to prevent any ink spill.
- You can take some help from the instruction manual with the refill kit to learn about steps/precautions to be taken while refilling a particular type of cartridges.
- Now try to find the hole on the upper surface of the cartridge. You can feel these holes while rubbing your fingers across the label.Some particular type of cartridges have more than one hole, but only one is connected with ink reservoir as only such holes have a sponge in it.
- After finding the connecting hole, drill that hole into the cartridge and for doing so you can take help of any sharp thing like a sharp pencil.Otherwise, take off the top label with a knife or screw driver.
- When you see your cartridge you will notice there are three other colors are also present along with black and these colors are magenta, cyan and yellow. So, before filling your cartridge ensure the color of each hole with help of kit instructions guide or by inserting a toothpick in each hole.
- Then finally start refilling your cartridge by inserting the long needle of the refill ink bottle deeply into the cartridge.Keep one thing in mind that while refilling, you should not push air into the cartridge foam because this will prevent ink from reaching the print head which further leads to unprinted outputs.
- Then slowly fill the hole and stop filling as soon as you see a Lil ink is coming out of the hole.
- After removing the syringe from the hole with the help of paper towel clean the ink that is visible on the outside of the hole.And at last cover that hole with the help of scotch paper.
- Repeat the above step for filling ink of each color.
- Finally replace the cartridge back into the printer and print few test pages to create a flow of ink.
For any other printer related issue, contact at Canon Printer Phone Number.