Google Cloud Print is a technology by which you should be able to print anything over the web from anywhere like a computer or mobile device to any printer. However, Google Cloud Print requires a setup, the process of which is not very well-known.
Keeping that in mind, we will be presenting you with the complete setup process of Google Cloud Print. Thus, make sure to follow the whole guide thoroughly.
How to Set up Google Cloud Print?
Now there can be two situations to this, one involves the setup for a Cloud-ready printer and the other one involves setup for printers that aren’t cloud-ready. We have listed both of them for you individually.
For Cloud Ready Printers
Here we have provided you two methods by which you should be able to set up your cloud-ready printer easily. While one involves visiting the Manufacturer’s website, the other one involves registering it within the cloud print ready printer.
Visiting Manufacturer’s Website
If your printer prompts that it is cloud-ready then it is recommended to follow the instructions of your printer manufacturer. To do so, you need to
- Open the Cloud-ready printers page by Google and then select your printer manufacturer name.
- Click on the link mentioned at the bottom of the page to reach the manufacturer’s website.
- After doing so, follow the steps provided by them to complete the setup process.
Register Your Printer
You can also register your Printer within the list of cloud print-ready printers. Here is how you can do so.
- Open Chrome on your system and type chrome://devices. Hit the Enter button.
- Within the New devices section, click on Manage. Once the Registration box appears for confirmation, click Register.
- Follow the instructions on your printer screen to complete the registering process. Press Ok or Register, if it appears on your screen.
- Go to the official Google Cloudprint link and click on Printers, to check if the printer got registered.
For Printer that isn’t Cloud Print-Ready
If your printer says that it isn’t Cloud print-ready, then you need to follow the steps provided below.
- Turn on your printer and open Google Chrome. Go to the Settings option situated on the top right and then click on Advanced.
- Within the Printing section, click on Google Cloud Print and then on “Manage Cloud Print devices”.
- If it asks you to sign in, then do so with your Google Account. Choose the printers which you want to connect and then select the “Add Printer” option.
- In doing so, your printer should be now connected to Google Cloud Print. Now you will be able to use this printer from anywhere easily by signing into the Google account.
How to Print Through Google Cloud Print?
Now we will be discussing how to print any document through Google Cloud Print. Here we have listed the printing process for your computer, android, iPhone & iPad sequentially.
- Open Google Chrome and then the document (page, image, file)which you want to print.
- Click on File>Print.
- You can choose the printer from the list as well.
- Change the Printer settings accordingly and then click Print.
For Android Device
- Open Chrome on your Android device and then the document which you want to get printed.
- Tap on More and then Share.
- Select the Print option and then Choose the Printer.
- If you want, you can configure the print settings during this period. After that, tap on Print.
For iPhone & iPad (Airprint)
- Open Chrome on your iPhone or iPad and then select the document for printing.
- Tap on Share option (top right)
- Select the “Print” option and then choose the settings.
- Lastly, tap on Print.
So this was the complete setup process for Google Cloud Print. Please let us know whether it was helpful for you or not. Also, let us know if you have any queries, in the comment section below.