Setting up the Canon mx922 printer is fairly straightforward if you know exactly how to do so. However, the setup process of the Canon mx922 wireless printer remains questionable for many.
If you are one of them as well, then we are here to help you. In this article, we will be providing you a step by step guide for the setup of the Canon mx922 printer. Follow the segment provided below thoroughly for more information.
How to Set Up a Canon Mx922 Wireless Printer?
In this section, we have elaborated each step for you clearly so that you could set up your Canon mx922 wireless printer easily. Let’s take a look at each of the steps one by one.
Step 1: Install Driver for Canon Mx922 Wireless Printer
First, it is important to install the driver for your Canon mx922 wireless printer. Below we have stated two options for you.
Canon IJ Network Scan Utility Software
You can download the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility Software. This will help configure the settings for the Canon Printer network setup. Here is how you can do so.
- Firstly, use the installation disc for driver installation. Canon IJ Network Scan Utility Software will get installed with the driver itself.
- If the disc is not available to you, reach the manufacturer’s website to perform this step. Navigate to the support section within the manufacturer’s website and then enter the printer model number you are using. (Canon Mx922 here)
- Select the Software option and then click on Canon IJ Network Scan Utility. Download it and look for the file within the Downloads folders.
- Lastly, install the IJ Utility scanner canon.
Canon Mx922 Driver Download Process
Besides the process stated above, you can also download the driver for Canon Mx922 following the steps given below.
- Provide power to your system through a power source and then search for the Pixma mx922 printer on your browser.
- Select the “Drivers and Download options” and then click on “Windows as the operating system.”
- Click on download (situated beside Driver package). This will download the driver file for you. Locate it within the Downloads folder.
- Open and download the file containing .exe extension within the download folder.
Step 2: Set Up Process for Canon Mx922 Wireless Printer
After a succesful driver installation, next comes the setting up of your Canon Mx922 Wireless Printer. Here we have provided the steps to perform the setup of the Canon mx922 wireless printer easily. (Both WPS and Standard Connection)
Firstly, we will be trying the WPS button for the setup process. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Turn on your printer and then press the Menu button on the operation panel.
- Select the WLAN setup option and then press Ok. This will launch a detection of WPS compatible access point on your printer.
- Press the WPS button for 5 seconds and then Press Ok (Operation Panel). After a succesful connection, press Ok.
- This will connect your printer to a wireless network. Now you should be able to print from your system easily.
Standard Connection Method
If your router has no WPS feature, then you can follow the Standard Connection method the steps for which are provided below.
- Tap the Menu button present on the Printer and then tap the arrow keys within the printer to go to WLAN Setup. Once there, press Ok.
- In doing so, the printer will look for networks. Press on Standard Setup, once an option appears.
- After completing the scan, you will notice a list of networks appearing on the screen. Select your network and then press Ok.
- You will be prompted with “Enter passphrase” screen if your router is secured with a password.Press Ok to go to the character entry screen.
- Enter the password for your Wireless Network and then press Ok.
- Press the Left function button under Done after providing the password.
- After doing so, you will be taken back to Enter passphrase screen, check if you entered the password correctly. Press Left function key under End Setup.
- The printer will get connected to the network connection. Press Ok, once it does. Now, you should be able to print easily.
Step 3: Perform a Scan through Canon mx922 Wireless Printer
Now let’s take a look into the process by which you will be able to scan on your Canon Mx922 printer. To perform a scan through Canon mx922 Wireless Printer, follow the steps exactly as cited below.
- Turn on your printer and then press the Scan button. Select the destination computer within the printer and then the document type.
- Change the settings according to your wish and then open the Automatic Document Feeder. Feed the document or photo which you want to scan.
- Choose between color scanning and black & white scanning (black button). Once the scanning process gets completed, move the original document from the scanning surface and then look for the scanned document on your system.
Canon Mx922 Airprint
For Canon Mx922 AirPrint, follow the steps exactly as cited below.
- First of all, connect both the printer and Mac to the same WiFi network. To set up Canon Mx922 Airprint, power up the printer. Make sure to set a wireless network to connect to and then tap the Operation icon present in the AirPrint app on your Apple Device section.
- Within the menu options, select the printer model you use from the Printer Options. If you want more copies, you can select the + option while with the help of – you can decrease the number.
- To print on both sides, select Duplex printing. If you want to print the entire pages of the document, just go to Range and then click on All pages.
- Press the Print button to start the printing.
We hope the guide was informative enough and will help you to set up a canon mx922 wireless printer. Please let us know in the comments whether this was helpful for you or not.