Canon mg2920 is an all-in-one printer, copier, and scanner. This printer is identified as hybrid ink system. It has been designed in such a way that it can use dye ink for strong colors and black pigment ink for sharp text. If you want to print documents and web pages fast then this printer is the most suitable one.
This printer has several advanced features along with high resolution. When you send a photo or document to this printer, it can power up automatically for its auto power capability.
To improve the productivity of your business, this canon mg2920 printer is the best option for you. So, if you are planning to purchase a canon mg2920 but is not aware of how to set up a canon mg2920 wireless printer then follow this article.
Easy Steps for Canon Mg2920 Wireless Setup for Windows:
In this article, we will discuss the canon Pixma mg2920 wireless setup. For this setup, you have to check the below-mentioned things.
- Make sure the wireless router is available and properly set up.
- Do not forget to connect your computer to the network.
Prepare the Pixma NG 2924 Cable Setup
For this setup, you have to check the following steps.
- Plugin your printer and turned on the green light next to the power button.
- If the printer is on then the power button will be lit.
- Now, check the blue Wi-Fi light on your Pixma mg 2920.
- Wi-Fi light will be flashing if the Wi-Fi light is steady or off.
- Hold down the Wi-Fi button until the amber alarm light flashes twice and then release the button.
- The Wi-Fi light should begin to flash quickly and the light will be lit now.
Install the Software
In the next step, you have to install the software.
Insert the bundled cd-rom provided with your canon Pixma mg 2920 into your computer or you can download the installation files from the official website of the canon.
- After downloading the file, open the file on your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click Next.
- Choose Wireless LAN connection as your connection method and then click on Next option.
- Select Access point connection and click Next then again, then select Next to confirm your printer is on.
- The software will search for printers already connected to the network. If you are first time installing the printer the list will show you blank.
- Now, give a check in the box for Setting Printer Could not be found on the list and then click on Next.
- If the printer is already on the list then simply click next.
- At this time setup guide will install click on Next
- Click the button labeled cable is set up the connection by cable.
- A setup screen will appear, click Next through the next two screens.
- Once the connection is completed click Next and a list of applications will appear.
- Click Next and soon the license agreement screen will be displayed
- Click Yes to continue with the installation.
- Again click Next and now the software will be installed.
- It might take several minutes
- Once you see the setup dialog box click Complete
Continue With Printhead Alignment
After the installation of the software, check out the next step.
- Now the printhead alignment screen will be displayed.
- Press the execution button on the screen and start the printhead alignment.
- Follow the on-screen instructions when the printhead alignment is completed and click Next
- Again, click Next and finish the software setup.
Register Your Product
When you are done with the software installation and printhead alignment, you will be asked to register your product.
- Choose to register at this time, you will find a new window.
- After the registration, you can continue with the installation.
- An extended survey program screen will appear. If you do not want to install the survey program then click Do not Agree.
- Now, the test print window will appear if you want to make a test print then load plain paper into the printer and click execute.
- After test printing click Next. If you want to skip test printing then you can again click on Next.
- Once you see Installation completed successfully screen, click Exit and complete the installation.
- Now, your printer is ready to print or scan.
Canon MG2920 Wireless Setup Via Wi-Fi
If you want to make wireless setup then check out the following steps.
- First, connect with the cable setup.
- Press and hold the Wifi button of the printer.
- After doing this process, your alarm lamp flashes at least 2 times a day.
- If your power button is turned on Wi-fi then you have to release the button after the second flashes.
- Ensure that Wi-fi blinks quickly then you have to light on.
- Wait for a few minutes then go back to the screen applications and perform the setup.
Get Connection Via WPS
- Press the access point button.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer.
- Turn on the flash button and once you get the flash button, unplug the Wi-Fi button.
- This Wi-fi button should blink on a daily basis.
- Hold down the Wi-Fi button for at least 2 hours regularly so that the Wi-Fi light or lights will be on lit condition.
These are the steps that you can use for the canon mg2920 wireless setup. Follow them and setup your printer successfully.