We all know Canon is known for imaging and optics products such as camcorders, DSLRs and point and shoot cameras. But little do we know that Canon makes some of the best in class printers. Canon printers are well built and come with a huge range of specifications. They are known to make printers of every budget. Whatever you need you will definitely find it at Canon.
When it comes to printing innovation, Canon printers produce some of the best you could imagine. Overall Canon makes above average printers for both office and home use. Now let’s look at some of the frequently asked questions about Canon printers.
Why do the papers keep getting stuck:
Paper getting stuck is the most common issue canon printer users have to deal with. It happens ever so frequently that the papers get jammed in your printer. This could happen for many reasons. First of all, there could be dirt on your papers that are causing your papers to get stuck. Whatever may be the reason, follow the steps given below to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
- Before loading the papers, flip through the papers
- If you are loading more than one papers, make sure that you align the edges
- Remember, always feed your papers in portrait form
How will I update my Media information of the Canon driver on my Mac OS:
Updating the media information can be quite tricky at times, but it’s not that difficult if you put some thought into it. In order to update you Media information, follow the steps given below.
- First click on Open Print Queue
- Then click on settings
- Then go to Utility
- There is a drop box next to cleaning, select media information
- Then click on update media information
- This should make visible new media on your printer driver
How do I update the latest firmware for my Canon printer:
It is important to keep the printer firmware updated. An un-updated printer firmware can cause the printer driver to crash, or not work at all. In order to update your printer firmware, follow the steps given below.
- Before doing anything you will have to download the latest firmware from Canon USA website. Then extract it onto a USB
- Plug in your USB and then open “LFW0-**.zip” file.
- Upon opening the file you will find 3 files and one folder.
- Insert the USB stick in your Canon printer
- Using the keypad of the printer navigate and install the firmware
- Then reset your printer to default mode
How do I locate the serial number of my printer:
If you want to locate the serial number of your Canon printer, there is nothing to it. Follow the steps given below.
- First of all turn the printer around
- On the left of the transport unit, you will find the white sticker
- The white sticker is the serial number. It will contain 4 letters and 4 numbers
How to create a print preset on my Mac:
This is one of the most common questions you come up with dealing with Canon printer. Creating a print preset is not a big deal, just follow the steps given below.
- If you have something to print, click on the file menu and then click on print
- A print dialog will appear. There you will find that the print preset is set to Default Settings
- The two-sided option will be selected automatically. The print quality will be changed to draft
- After adjusting the settings, click on the Preset drop-down menu. Then click on Save Current Settings as Preset
- The Preset will be saved when you print something with the preset setting
The above are some of the frequently asked questions you find on Canon printers. We did our best to answer these questions as accurately as possible, so as to these problems does not arise in the future.
But, we are always there to give you more solutions if you still face issues with a canon printer. Call us any time !